The Power of Coffee
If you're a coffee drinker, you already know how awesome it is. Heck, 83% of Americans are coffee drinkers, and we drink about 587 million cups of it each year! That's a lotta joe!
Coffee is fantastic for
getting your day started full of energy and a positive attitude.
meeting life's challenges head on, ready to go!
knocking out that to-do list without hesitation!
Let's be honest - for most of us, coffee gives us enough energy to crawl out of bed, maybe put some clothes on, and cope with our moody lives. (Which is why we need like 3 cups a day) I personally like my coffee the way I like myself... full-bodied, bitter, a little nutty, and full of chocolate! HA!
If you're in that 13% that is NOT a coffee lover we've got great news for you -- you can enjoy the awesome benefits of coffee without it ever touching your lips! (But like seriously how do you function?! I'm not sure what magical elixir you drink in the mornings - let me know in the comments below if you've found a secret morning recipe for good moods and lasting energy!)
That's right, coffee is not just amazing for your insides - it has a lot of benefits in skincare too!
- Coffee is full of antioxidants - which are always awesome for your skin. Antioxidants work by helping your body neutralize and remove free radicals from your cells, assisting with overall cell health.
- The caffeine in coffee helps to dilate blood vessels, which temporarily tones and tightens tissue while improving blood circulation AND reducing water retention. That's why coffee is AWESOME for your butt and thighs - it may help smooth the dimpled appearance of the dreaded C-Word (cellulite). Coffee’s antioxidants also help to release toxins, which can lessen that dimpled "cottage cheese" look. Don't take my word for it, here's some fancy medical jargon from the government too!
- Coffee can actually reduce inflamed, red skin due to it's high level of anti-oxidants.
- Your skin will look radiant, bright, and ALIVE because coffee stimulates blood circulation.
- Coffee grounds are an amazing exfoliant, much softer on the skin than many seed or nut meals, and still contain antioxidants and caffeine!
- Boost your hair color - natural brunettes or those wanting to make their hair a bit darker can use coffee to add some depth to your color, plus the coffee helps smooth the cuticle of your hair and boosts your shine!
- Coffee can also boost hair growth! What an awesome feature to have added to our natural mascara for some luscious lashes!
- Caffeine is also helpful in reducing the puffiness under those tired eyes - used tea bags or coffee filters with some used grounds are a great way to reduce swollen tired eyes quickly! (make sure they're cooled down, no need to give yourself 3rd degrees burns on top of the puffy tired eyes...LOL)
Let's recap, shall we?
(I majored in mathematics in college, so I've made some complex formulas for you!)
Free Radicals = Bad
Coffee + Skin = Good
Coffee + Scrub = Skin - Cellulite
Coffee + Chocolate = Delicious
Coffee + Chocolate + Peppermint + Scrub = AMAZING
Thanks for reading! Share your thoughts with us in the comments below and check out Moody Sister products that feature Coffee!
Moody Sister Jess