Building a Flawless Foundation
LIVE PARTY EVENT REPLAY
Foundation can seem intimidating with so many shades, options and personal needs. With this guide you can get flawless, natural coverage in just a couple steps based on your skin needs and desired coverage. Start building your flawless foundation routine now...
Sorry honey. Foundation isn't going to erase your face-- and we don't want it to! You want your foundation to look natural, enhance your beautiful self and help even out your skin tone. With the right foundation it can help conceal imperfections and blend in redness, but the goal is to have clear and even skin so that you can use less product.
Do you already have your skincare routine under control? If so, skip to step 2.
Here are some options for common moody skin problems to get your skin into shape:
- Do you always have large pores? Try Moody Skin solution Pore Refining Face Scrub + Toning Mist
- Do you have regular blemishes? Try Moody Skin solution Clarifying Face Wash + Blemish Serum
- Do you always struggle with dry flaky skin? Try Moody Skin solution Rejuvenating Facial Scrub + Nourishing Facial Serum
- Do you have uneven skin or dark spots? Try Moody Skin solution Dead Sea Mud Mask + Restore Face & Eye Cream
Do you need it all? A basic skincare routine needs cleansing, exfoliating, toning and hydrating. Grab your skincare sampler set for oily or dry skin with every step you need!
Sometimes even a great skincare routine can’t cover some moody skin problems you may have. Dark eye circles, scarring, hormonal acne, rosacea flare ups and age spots are just some examples of areas you may want to conceal.
Don't have any permanent skin imperfections? If so, skip to step 3 to determine your foundation coverage.
- For concealing dark blue or purples choose a concealer with golden undertones to help balance.
- For concealing brown spots or redness choose a concealer with neutral undertones to help balance.
- For concealing uneven skin tone choose a concealer one shade lighter than your skin tone to brighten.
Need help knowing which shade is right for you? Send us an email at email@example.com with a no makeup selfie in natural light (by a window out of direct sun) and we will give you a free custom recommendation!
Regardless what foundation coverage you choose it should look completely natural with no jawline lines. Your foundation shouldn’t sit top of your skin, but blend in to flawless perfection. And with any of your Moody Skincare natural foundations you’ll get perfectly blended flawless coverage.
- For correcting minimal uneven skin tone try light coverage with Powder Foundation. If you have trouble with oiliness or shine make sure you add the powder foundation to set your concealer or liquid foundation and help absorb any excess oil.
- For correcting average skin blemishes or discoloration try medium coverage with Liquid Foundation.
- For correcting a lot of uneven tone areas, dark spots, or problem areas try full coverage combo with Liquid Foundation + Powder.
- For correcting very discolored areas try complete coverage with Cream Concealer + Powder
Application Tip: Save product and get an airbrushed look by using the chubby blender foundation brush to apply cream concealer or liquid foundation.
Need help knowing which shade or coverage level is right for you? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a no makeup selfie in natural light (by a window out of direct sun) and we will give you a free custom recommendation!