Moody Sister's Favorite Butters & Oils + DIY Bath Melt Recipe
The Best Butters and Oils for Dry Sensitive Skin
These safe and natural skin loving ingredients are beneficial to any skin type, but are especially soothing on your dry, sensitive skin. You'll love using these nourishing and hydrating ingredients in your fresh handmade face and body lotions. Here are a few of our favorites that you will find in the Moody Sisters Product Line:
This organic soft butter is one of the most beneficial and multi-purpose natural ingredients you can find-- and that’s why we love it so much! It melts on your skin and is incredibly hydrating and nourishing for any skin type. Loaded with vitamins and anti-bacterial properties you will find coconut oil in your handmade face and body scrubs and lip balms.
Sweet Almond Oil
This light and rich oil is loaded with Vitamin E & D and is full of antioxidants and emollient properties. It’s fast absorbing and doesn’t clog your pores which makes it our oil of choice when handcrafting your favorite lotions and cleansers for your dry, sensitive or aging skin. This is a key ingredient in our best selling dry skin cream.
This hard butter is rich in antioxidants and Vitamins K & E and is extremely hydrating and protecting for the most sensitive dry skin. It is one of our choice ingredients added to products to help ease your dry, red or irritated skin. You'll find this in your favorite body and facial products in the Moody store.
Shea Butter is a fat extracted from the nut of the African Shea tree. This organic butter is loaded with Vitamins A, D & E and is used for hydration and rejuvenation. We love adding this beneficial skin-loving butter to your handmade body creams and lip balms.
DIY Bath Melt Recipe
To hydrate and protect your dry skin use this easy DIY bath melt recipe. It features the best natural butters and oils to revitalize your skin.
What you need:
- 1/4 cup hard butter (cocoa butter, coconut oil or shea butter)
- 1 tablespoon sweet almond oil (or olive oil)
- Optional: 10 drops of your favorite essential oil or blend, 1 tbls ground oats or powdered milk
- Melt the butter over medium low heat on stove top. Stir often. This may take 10-15 minutes.
- Once thoroughly melted add in 1 tablespoon of oil and mix.
- Remove from heat and stir in optional ingredients.
- You can pour your liquid into a wide mouth jar to scoop from later OR into mini silicone molds to make little molded melts.
This is a great recipe for those suffering with eczema, psorasis or chapped, dry winter skin. Your bath time will never be the same with this silky butter bath melt!